Thursday, July 11, 2019

Day 14: Camdenton MS to Fort Scott KS

Two weeks - wow. I guess I should be settling into a rhythm, and I sort of am - every day certainly ends in exhaustion.

I entered Kansas at the top of a hill - which I find moderately amusing, but the eastern edge of Kansas is not yet plains.

Crossing into Kansas in the later afternoon
It is still a hard place though. I walked to a grocery store from the little motel I am staying in and life it not easy in Fort Scott Kansas. Let me just leave it at that.

Today was a pretty good mileage day. I left the Ozarks into what seemed like the beginning of the plains:
 
Leaving the Ozarks
But the hills picked up again, so I ended up with lots of climbing. Kind of similar to New York, but not as steep nor the climbs so long.  Kansas will likely be different.

I did finally see a residential solar installation (in Missouri still)

The only rural solar installation I have seen
Also a bank, completely by itself:
Lone bank
Not sure where they get customers from - but on the upside I doubt that anyone tries to rob them.

Lunch today was peanut butter sandwiches - but I did find a nice spot to eat them:

Lunch on the road in Missouri
And finally no flat tires. Hopefully that is the beginning of a trend.

Till tomorrow.

July 11, 2019 Fort Scott Kansas

No comments:

Post a Comment