Saturday, June 29, 2019

Day 2: Pittsfield MA to Cherry Valley NY

The first thing you will notice, if you look at a map, is that is not very impressive. Indeed, the day was long, hard, and relentlessly slow. Externally my performance was much worse than yesterday, and I am beginning to realize that it is expectations more than actual performance that determine how hard a day is. I am learning to get back in the groove with my own capabilities and now will have to see whether my capabilities are close to what they were a decade ago. That is what will determine if I even attempt to make it to Jay's ranch.

So the slowness was actually a full day affair, as was the sweating. Even though the day was not nearly as hot as yesterday, riding in the sun is still wet work. The humidity is not helping.

I did manager to snap a couple of pics along the way. The first two really demonstrate why the day can be both slow and hard:
Up, looking back
Down, looking forward

I remember New York as being a  long straight road with big ups and downs. Seems I was right.

The other good snap I got was a cool tree:
Cool Tree



Hope not to be so tired tomorrow.

June 29, 2019. Cherry Valley NY

No comments:

Post a Comment